Victory Packaging 3rd Shift Utility Worker in Lansing, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
3rd Shift Utility Worker - Lansing, MI
5800 West Grand River Ave
Lansing, Michigan, 48906
The Lansing facility is seeking a Utility Worker to keep small machines supplied with all materials needed to complete job and maintain a clean orderly work area.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Ensure skids and shipper boxes are ready for staged jobs.
- Makes labels for staged jobs.
- Take away finished skids to shipping.
- Maintains 5S for department.
- Ensures next job is ready for each machine.
- Orders material for each job.
- Handles recycling for department.
- Helps change our computer.
- Stacks finished boxes on proper skid and label boxes.
- Checks inventory of shipper boxes, chipboard, box tape and glue, and restocks as needed.
- Sweeps and dusts finishing area.
- Operates motorized lifts.
- Double checks labels and paperwork on finished product.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Six months’ related work experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to appropriately use hand tools.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must be able to perform intermediate arithmetic dealing with decimals, fractions, ratios, etc.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
3rd Shift Utility Worker
- Victory Packaging Jobs