Peckham, Inc. Manufacturing Workforce Development Supervisor in Lansing, Michigan
Staff jobs are _NOT _a part of Peckham's vocational rehabilitation efforts. These positions are supportive roles. Therefore, applicants do not need to have a barrier to employment to be eligible for these roles.
Peckham is a national award-winning non-profit organization, recognized for its achievement in providing exceptional vocational rehabilitation for people with disabilities and barriers to employment. We accomplish our mission by working with community partners and through our own diverse business lines consisting of apparel manufacturing, warehousing, call centers, environmental services, and farming.
Peckham prides itself on having a great culture which fosters a respectful, collaborative, and fun work environment. Employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work, share ideas, and engage in lifelong learning. Our culture further supports our mission by encouraging flexibility, health, and wellness. Staff enjoy benefits such as generous PTO policies, modern facilities, pet friendly work sites, free fruit, fitness classes, massages available for purchase, and opportunities for flexible work arrangements.
The Workforce Development Supervisor is responsible for the development and implementation of training in the manufacturing work areas in Lansing and Charlotte. This position reports directly to Work Force Development coordinator, but will work closely with Peckham’s Production Manager as well as other leads and subject-matter-experts. Activities for this position include supervision, project management, and instructional design, training materials development, creation of assessments and evaluations, documentation using spreadsheets, databases, and LMS, delivering training via e-Learning tools, classroom instruction, and one-on-one coaching.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Supervise approximately 20-25 trainers in the delivery of various trainings, supervise sewing 101 units (New hires) and assessments/evaluations. Provide training to the trainers in the best practices for talent development, instructor-led training, and assessment/evaluation.
- Plan, develop and facilitate internal training for new and existing manufacturing team members. Trainings include design/development documents, training materials, assessment/evaluation materials, and tracking documentation in spreadsheets, databases, and Peckham’s LMS. Training materials include policy, procedure, and technical skill training, as well as supporting requirements set by ISO-9000 and Peckham, Inc. Quality Management Systems requirements.
- Provide regular feedback to trainees (team members), trainers, and Peckham leadership as it relates to training activities and their results towards building expertise and excellence in the manufacturing division.
- Support the principles and practices of LEAN manufacturing through training and skill development. Assist with building a strong culture of continuous improvement and waste reduction. Job success will favorably impact division metrics such as retention, productivity, scrap, First Time Capability (FTC), and absenteeism in addition to other metrics.
- Assist Manufacturing leadership with production planning by providing workforce capabilities forecasts for ramping-up lines.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Support vocational rehabilitation activities and help with the coordination of services between the Human Services Department and the team members. Promote the use of assistive technology and job carve-out to meet specific needs.
- Promote Peckham’s vision, value, culture, and commitment to excellent customer services to all team members, staff, customers and stakeholders.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will supervise staff and team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Training, Educational Technology or other related field.
- Three years of experience in designing, developing and delivering training
- Passing and maintaining security background checks
*PHYSICAL DEMANDS *
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physical demands of this position may be reasonably accommodated for individuals with disabilities on a case by case basis.
40First Shift (United States of America)
- Posted 19 Days Ago
Worker Sub-Type: Staff Member
Location: Lansing, MI
Business Line: Manufacturing
Time Type: Scheduled Weekly Hours: