Mastronardi Products Assistant Supervisor, CIC in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking an Assistant CIC Supervisorto join our team. The essential function of this position is to allocate and manage product in and through the warehouse, reduce rejections, minimize dumps/donates, and schedule/direct allocations relative to Production and Shipping
Full Time opening: Tuesday – Saturday, 8am-5pm
- Support Supervisor meeting all departmental goals and fill in when Supervisor is scheduled off.
- Work with the Operations team to communicate daily Production and Sales Order allocations.
- Insure sales orders are allocated to inventory or production so customer service objectives are achieved.
- Maintain, in conjunction with planner, an inventory plan for the 0-3-day horizon that includes tracking of inbounds, production plans and forecasted sales.
- Check product quality in inventory and at Receiving to align inventory to customers’ specifications.
- Coordinate and assist in communicating customers’ expectations with the commodity team, Production, and Shipping.
- Maintain regular communication with the Commodity Planners, Production Schedulers, Commodity Inventory Controllers, and Production Managers.
- Maintain regular communication with Receiving and Logistics, with specific emphasis on load priorities and product specifications.
- Make suggestions to Sales for the disposal/movement of surplus commodities in a timely fashion.
- Verify GMP and Organic compliance is maintained in assigned area of responsibility.
- Communicate missed quality issues with procurement and quality to get NCs in place.
- Liaise between sales and commodity operations to insure customer expectations are satisfied.
- Coordinate all sample requests through MPL-2 for all commodities.
- Coordinate DNS/Blowout/Dump product lists daily for all commodities.
- Training new hires for the Commodity Inventory Controller positions.
- Be involved in the interview process for the Commodity Inventory Controller position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous related work experience required
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Comfortable making decisions
- Must have strong communication skills and detailed oriented.
- Will need to learn significant Product / Industry knowledge.
- High-performance team player and willing to work in a dynamic, growing, and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues.
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time management skills and effectively manage associated stress.
- Proficient in basic computer-use skills (i.e. Word, Excel) and will need to learn NAV, JDA.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse (80%) and office (20%) environment
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.
Posted: February 22, 2021