Mastronardi Products Box Machine Operator in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Box Machine Operatorto join our team. The essential function of this position is to safety operate the box machines at the highest possible efficiency while tracking production and scrap. The Box Machine Operator is responsible for keeping the area clean and organized as well as effectively communicating any problems with the machines, product, or the department to the shift supervisor.
Full-Time Shift: Sunday - Thursday, 5PM-1:30AM
- Report to the shift supervisor regarding any issues on their machine, product or department
- Monitor how the machine is running and fix any minor problems
- Understand and follow all safety precautions and startup/shutdown procedures
- Track all pertinent information: initial scrap, blanks used, boxes produced
- Operate the machine in a way that eliminates shutdown
- Maintain a clean workspace
- Understand and follow pertinent Safe Quality Food (SQF) regulations
- Ability to run baler and hand assemble all boxes
- Achieve daily production goals
- Knowledge of box inventory locations and min/max values
- Responsible for maintaining the spirit of teamwork and productivity among fellow employees in accordance with Mastronardi Produce
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- Previous experience in production or warehouse environment preferred
- Must pass licensing for the pallet jack
- Basic mechanical ability
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Spanish as a second language would be an asset
- Willingness to maintain confidentiality and protect proprietary information
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
- Work in a standing position all day.
- Constant motion for 7.5 hours of the 8-hour day.
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 70°F and occasional down to 55 degrees. The background noise approaches 70 decibels.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. continuously throughout the day.
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.
Posted: February 6, 2021