Mastronardi Products Commodity Inventory Controller in Livonia, Michigan
The essential function of this position is to be responsible for inspecting Product, and as needed selecting inventory, to match Customer Specifications. Primary direction for allocations will come from Department Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor. There will be a need to liaise with Shipping and/or Production Managers regarding selection of product for specific customer orders, use existing systems to “firm plan” product to orders. This individual is responsible for a wide variety of duties including but not limited to the description provided below.
Non Negotiable Traits:
To perform the job successfully, the incumbent’s behavior must be consistent with the five Non-Negotiable Traits expected of all Mastronardi Produce employees: Be passionate, have absolute integrity, be self-motivated and determined, be a team player, and behave as a professional.
* *Primary Responsibilities:
- Inspect and sign off on product quality in inventory and/or at dock to meet customers’ specifications
- Support Commodity Supervisors plan to create daily Production and Sales Order allocations
- Communicate all necessary changes to Commodity Supervisor, if needing to differ from prior allocations and/or plan
- Follow—up to ensure any rework is allocated and/or firm planned to Production in order to meet customer spec
- Ensure allocations are updated and distributed, throughout the day, and executed as expected
- Utilize, coach, and provide training to others within the commodity team
- Maintain a line of sight on expected inbounds 0 – 3 days out
- Work with the Inventory Clerks to routinely audit and verify inventory counts, accuracies, and product rotation
- Coordinate and assist in communicating customers’ expectations with the commodity team, Production, and Shipping
- Communicate with the team issues and concerns for yesterday and today
- Develop, lead, mentor and set objectives for the commodity team including formal performance reviews
- Communicate metrics to the team, including but not limited to information on rejections, product dumps/donates, inventory flow, etc.
- Maintain regular communication with the Production Schedulers, and Production Managers
- Maintain regular communication with Receiving, with specific emphasis on load priorities and product specifications
- When necessary make suggestions to Commodity Supervisor for the disposal/movement of surplus commodities in a timely fashion
- Routinely monitor, verify, and give feedback to Production on their accuracy of product grading
- Maintain necessary department metrics on which the performance of the team is measured
- Be heavily involved in utilizing the ERP system and have the ability to communicate technical needs for purposes of improving the performance of the commodity team
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job
- Comfortable making decisions
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Will need to learn significant Product / Industry knowledge.
- Must be high-performance team player and be willing to work in a dynamic, growing, demanding and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress
- Proficient in basic computer-use skills (i.e. Word, Excel) and will need to learn NAV, JDA
- **Must be a self-starter and willing to work flexible hours
* *Working Conditions:
- Combination of office (80%) and refrigerated warehouse (20%) environment
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending on a regular basis
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelors or better
Posted: September 15, 2018