Mastronardi Products Director, Quality Assurance in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Primary Function: This position will be responsible for the development, implementation and execution of product quality standards through development of specification and processes that meet or exceed customer and internal specification, regulatory requirements and set third party requirements. This position will be the product quality expert for the company providing guidance and support to the operations, procurement, marketing and other business functions. This position will oversee the development of specification for the product and packaging and ensure regulatory labelling requirements are met, management of quality and food safety related complaints. This position will continually evaluate Mastronardi Quality Management system and make adjustments and changes as need to always provide high quality product to all our customers.
- Develop, implement, maintenance, review and improve the Quality management system from grower to customer.
- Ensure the team is developing the product specification and labels are properly reviewed and approved to meet regulatory requirements
- Work with other departments and areas to implement and execute on the set quality standards and requirements or our customers.
- Develop and execute a standard evaluation of product quality. This will include implementation of system, process and procedures to capture data, evaluate data in order to make good decisions.
- Develop product quality standards and expectations at all points in the supply chain.
- Oversee the complaint management process for product quality and food safety complaints.
- Liaison to Mastronardi Produce for industry, customer, government and regulatory agencies in aspects of product quality.
- Support Sales, Executive Management and other duties as needed.
- Management and oversight of personnel and programs within the quality Department.
- Liaison to all departments to provide guidance and support on quality issues.
- Continuously research, identify and evaluate best practices, and establish new resources, tools and methodologies to maximize effectiveness of the quality space.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information, as well as other Company data, including personnel information.
- A bachelor’s degree in food science, or a science related discipline, a master degree in food science is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 - 10 years experience in produce product quality.
- 3 -5 years of previous management experience. Experience in managing cross functional teams.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Training and understanding of CFIA and USDA produce quality standards.
- Ability to develop and over see the development of product specification and label review and compliance.
- Ability to develop a comprehensive quality management system at all levels of the supply chain.
- Ability to work with cross functional team and implement quality standards to direct reports, indirect reports and all other functional groups.
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Spanish as a second language would be an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Must maintain a valid US or Canadian Passport and be willing to do extensive local and international business travel.
- Highly proficient in computer-use skills (MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively manage a budget.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of general produce quality best practices,
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to quality standards.
- Normal office environment varied with exposure to an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 50 degrees Fahrenheit. The background noise approaches 70 dcbs.
- Must be capable of lifting to 30 lbs.
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or better
Licenses & Certifications
Canadian Food Reg
Posted: December 10, 2020