Shermco Industries Field Service Supervisor in Livonia, Michigan
Since 1974, Shermco has become North America’s largest and fastest growing NETA-accredited electrical testing organization. Our focus is to make sure electrical power systems are functioning properly and safely. Add to that our Professional Engineering Group, Rotating Machinery Division, Renewable Energy Services, and Field Repair and local Repair Service Centers, places Shermco in a position to handle all things electrical. All done with an emphasis on safety and client service. That’s why we say… if it’s in the electrical power system, Shermco does it.
Backed by Gryphon Investors, a leading private equity firm focused on profitably growing and competitively enhancing middle-market companies in partnership with experienced management, Shermco is poised for the next decade and beyond.
Field Service Supervisor
Join our team leaders in electrical power systems maintenance, repair, testing, engineering, & training. Due to continued growth we are seeking a Field Service Supervisor with leadership abilities to work out of our Livonia MI Service Center.
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Supervise and mentor other technicians and help growth the office.
- Schedule staff coverage in order to ensure company’s best operations standards.
- Prepare annual performance reviews and collaborate with Field Services Manager on the completion, approval and delivery of effective review to assigned technicians.
- Review technical reports for content and evaluation test reports for completeness.
- Provide technical support to customer, sales and production.
- Interact with customers daily on scheduled jobs and emergencies.
- Tracks and manages department test equipment, vehicles and inventory.
- Provide warranty support to shop and field
- Coordinate the emergency on-call list
- Assure Shermco technicians are in full compliance with company and customer policies and all applicable federal and state regulations, regarding drug and alcohol testing.
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required; prefer an Associate’s degree from accredited 2 year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Seabee).
- Prefer NETA III Certification or equivalent.
- Must have at least 5 or more years of relevant power systems testing & maintenance experience.
- Supervisory skills and experience desired.
- PC proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, data entry and internet.
- Strong team player and ability to handle tasks under pressure and in a timely manner with required quality.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively, with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Must have be able to work safety and adhere to all electrical safety procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to crawl, climb, stand and lift up to 75 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodations. Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
- Must be available for regular overnight domestic travel and occasional international travel
- U.S. passport a plus.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime, and occasional weekends, holidays and nights; willingness to travel at least 5-10% of the time.
- Must be able to fluently read, write, and speak English.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER | DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
Shermco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Shermco is a drug-free workplace.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
No Agencies Please. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco from a third party, such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to Shermco mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Shermco System Integration employees, or to Shermco System Integration resume database will be considered Shermco property. Shermco will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.