Mastronardi Products Operations Manager in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Due to promotion, we are currently seeking an Operations Manager. In this role, you will directly coordinate daily production and inspection activities for the assigned shift. Indirectly you will lead all other functional departments on-shift in the absence of the Department Manager (Receiving, Shipping, Inventory, Maintenance, Sanitation, Facilities, Scheduling) while balancing the department goals and strategies while delivering the day-to-day business operation.
Full-Time Shift: Sunday - Tuesday, alternating Wednesday; 5:00 pm - 5:00 am
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor status of daily order requirements and ensure order completion to meet Ready Time within customer specifications for their lines.
- Enforce proper packing procedures to meet product specs, costs and organization.
- Verify accurate grade-out and recording procedures per line.
- Maintain respective area to meet Health and Food Safety policies.
- Ensure the Commodity Managers’ allocations are being followed.
- Oversee all skid stacking quality, including the proper use of pallet ties per area.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the production lines and team.
- Maintain a clean and organized area always.
- Work with the agency on-site contact to ensure that all agency personnel understand and follow Mastronardi policies and procedures.
- Oversee all quality inspection activities within the department.
- Maintain effective communication and teamwork between departments (Shipping, Receiving) to get orders out on time and at the lowest cost.
- Monitor packaging supply inventory and ensure availability to meet daily production requirements.
- Provide regular production reports daily, weekly and monthly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management or related field highly desired. Will consider equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a production environment required; produce industry preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a high-performing team(s).
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal laws and requirements to maintain compliance to all relevant statues and guiding principles (FDA, USDA, MIOSHA, OSHA, CFIA).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, present information and direction, and field questions from managers, employees and external contacts.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Warehouse Management Systems, i.e. NAV JDA is preferred.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- A high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately handle out-of-the-ordinary issues with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to be flexible to work a varying schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 50°F.
- The background noise approaches 70 dcbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation.
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting on a regular basis.
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.
5 years:3 years experience in a production environment.
PreferredProduce industry experience is highly desired.
Posted: September 23, 2020