Mastronardi Products Summer 2021 Operations Intern in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Summer 2021 Operations Internto join our team. The essential function of this position is to support the project management team using standard methodology, process, and tools that provide repeatable results and can be adopted across the company. This role will be responsible for partnering with other departments to lead and collaborate on department-wide initiatives.
Shift: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5 PM. Off-shift hours may be needed based on project needs.
- Manages the execution and delivery of department projects, including problem definition, and recommendation of changes to systems, infrastructure or processes. Projects will likely focus on labor productivity or waste reduction.
- Effectively apply project methodology and project standards while streamlining process for speed of delivery
- Assist in scenario planning and effective resource management
- Assist with the determination of scope and business requirements for changes in their business area
- Develop clear milestones to measure against, time boxing work as appropriate
- Develop and deliver standard processes and tools that are scalable and repeatable
- Manage delivery with a sense of urgency while holding teams accountable for delivering work against project plan
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Lead cross functional teams in process improvement efforts to strengthen the existing methodologies
- Manages, resolves and escalates, as appropriate, issues to ensure high quality deliverables
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Assists with creating organizational methodologies, company policies and procedures
- Maintains an environment where all understand, and are committed to, providing excellent service to internal and external customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Enrolled at a degree-granting institution, rising Senior or Graduate Student.
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher required
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business Operations, Food Science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of the DMAIC cycle and Six Sigma strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Analytical skills and data analysis experience strongly preferred
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills strongly preferred
- A bias for action, a self-starter and outgoing personality preferred
- Ability to work 12 weeks during the summer of 2021 including May 25-July 30.
- Ability to work on site at our Livonia, MI location for part or all of the internship duration.
- Ability to travel to Canada for work preferred but not required.
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse (50%) and office (50%) environment
- Remote work may be required depending on local ordinances
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.
Posted: December 9, 2020