Mastronardi Products Supervisor, Materials in Livonia, Michigan
Livonia, MI, USA
Our Livonia Distribution Center, a 400,000 sq. ft. refrigerated facility operating 24/7, is currently seeking a Materials Supervisorto join our team. The essential function of this position is to supervise and monitor the Materials area.
Two Shifts Available: (1)Tuesday - Friday, 9AM - 6:30PM and Saturday 6:30AM - 2:30PM. Some remote work on off days may be required. (2) Monday - Friday 6:00PM - 1:30AM
- Supervise and train employees assigned to Materials area.
- Monitor and maintain current inventory levels, including reconciling stock counts to computer reports.
- Initiate requests to replenish stock by making orders through the packaging department.
- Inspect shipments for accuracy and completeness and resolve inconsistencies.
- Process purchasing orders as required.
- Perform physical counts of inventory.
- Perform routine clerical duties, including data entry and answering telephones, filing and organizing purchase and sales order receipts.
- Maintain storage area by organizing floor space and recommending improvements.
- Perform reviews of material stock levels with the goal of improving efficiency.
- Coordinate inventory transfers to growers and other facilities.
- Fill and ship orders, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation
- Receive incoming materials in the Warehouse Management System and routing to appropriate area or grower
- Complete weekly cycle counts.
- Move inventory to various locations manually by operating pallet jack and hand cart.
- Order all packaging materials for daily pack schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to work in our refrigerated warehouse, 50-degree controlled temperature zones
- High School Diploma required; Post- Secondary education preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in a management and/or supervisory role.
- Shipping, receiving, logistics and inventory experience an asset.
- Experience with process design and implementation an asset.
- Be respectful and deal tactfully with customers, other employees and vendors.
- Strong organizational and math skills; proficiency with MS Office: Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with a WMS or ERP that involved managing inventory
- Must have ability to effectively follow-up and handle multiple projects with strong personal time-management skills and effectively manage associated stress.
- Proficiency in use of English language with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Willingness to work independently, with minimal supervision and take ownership of job.
- Willingness to work with a high degree of professionalism and personal integrity.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Need to be creative, adaptable and able to accurately work with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain all company information confidential and protect proprietary information.
- Complete a background and drug test screening
- Combination of refrigerated warehouse (80%) and office (20%) environment
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. with or without accommodation
- May require occasional overnight travel to other locations (rarely)
- Position requires sitting, standing, walking and bending, squatting, and crawling on a regular basis
We are pleased to offer the following Benefits:
- Paid weekly
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Employee Engagement & Recognition Programs
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Mastronardi Produce has accommodation processes and policies in place and provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or documented medical need, please contact the Human Resource office so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodation to be put in place.
High School or better
2 years:Experience in a management and/or supervisory role
Posted: February 6, 2021