Dow Chemical High-Throughput Reactor Operator in Midland, Michigan
The Dow Chemical Company's Chemical Science (CS) in Core R&D has an immediate need for a HighThroughput Reactor Technologist. This role is located inMidland, MI. The CS group relies heavily on high throughput experimentation to accelerate research, and this role is an integral part of the high throughput team. The person filling this position will work in a self-directed team of chemists and technologists and will be responsible for using CS’s high throughput capabilities (specifically, tools such as the Core Module 3 robot and On-Deck Sampler Robot) to perform a variety of laboratory activities associated with high throughput synthesis and characterization, as well as occasional bench-top chemistry.
• Operation, record-keeping, routine maintenance, and troubleshooting of Core Module 3 (CM3) and On-Deck Sampler (OSR) robotic systems.
• Coordination and design of experiments with research project partners to ensure safe and effective instrument use within the limits of the CM3 and OSR.
• Routine preparation of reaction samples, operation and monitoring of experiments, and preparation and assistance with sample characterization.
• Interface with Dow’s Information Research and Robotics groups (and 3rd party vendor) as needed for troubleshooting and instrument maintenance
• Conduct maintenance of the CM3 as required for optimum performance
• Minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in an academic or industrial lab-based science with a strong commitment to safety in all job responsibilities
• A desire to continually learn and be an active member of the high throughput research team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence
• A self-starter who can identify, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
• Experience with robotics automation software
• Experience in physical and chemical characterization (e.g. NMR, FTIR, UV-Vis, GC/MS, GC, HPLC, etc.)
• Experience in organic synthesis, using standard organic synthesis and separation techniques
• Demonstrated computer proficiencies and problem solving skills
• Associate’s degree in a technical curriculum such as chemistry, biochemistry, or polymer/plastics technology is required
• A Bachelor’s degree in Science or Arts in a science related field is preferred.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
• Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
• Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1 989-636-3674.
High-Throughput Reactor Operator