Corteva Agriscience Senior Capital Project Scheduler in Midland, Michigan
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for Senior Capital Project Scheduler to join our team in Midland, MI .
Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agrisciences creates the world's most recognized and premium agricultural solutions to address the greatest challenges in agriculture. With a focus on technology, Corteva Agriscience creates seed and crop protection products that increase productivity and profit for farmers while reducing risks to their business. Every day our digital tools deliver insights our global partners need to thrive now and into the future.
As the world’s first dedicated agriculture start-up, we’re building a culture that stays curious, thinks differently, acts boldly and takes a stand on what’s right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. We know we’ve got big challenges to solve - we hope you'll be part of the solution. Whether you are in the lab or on the farm, teaching classes or crafting code - we need bold thinkers and fearless doers to bring their best to the job at hand. Every role at Corteva Agriscience includes an opportunity to grow what matters.
You will be effective monitoring and forecasting of project schedule is critical for project success.
The Scheduler develops early project schedules that incorporate appropriate functional input to ensure project success. This position works with the project leadership team to ensure accurate and timely schedule controls are implemented and maintained during the project lifecycle. The selected individual will also provide oversight on projects that are executed with external engineering services (EPC). This oversight will include: establishing clear Owner expectations on EPC deliverables and monitor EPC progress as well as EVM methodologies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Lead and manage early FEL scheduling activities to meet business and project needs.
• Define resources in the project if they have not been identified.
• Use naming convention provided by Project Manager in relation to the EPS / WBS structure.
• Develop the schedule management plan that includes timing, types of schedules to be provided and scope of input required from others.
• Provide input and functional oversight for scheduling activities post-FEL including provision of regular schedule updates.
• Lead or participate in interactive planning workshops (IAP) with the project team and contractors.
• Document all schedule assumptions and exclusions.
• Lead project schedule risk analyses to ensure thorough understanding of risks and strategies to mitigate issues.
• Provide input to Constructability Reviews.
• Ensure understanding of critical path and provide on-going updates/analyses.
• Assess, analyze and validate contractor-provided schedules for quality, logic and competitiveness throughout the project lifecycle.
• Audit, validate and confirm physical progress and earned value calculations for both in-house and contractor activities.
• Assess schedule impact of project changes and incorporate into project schedules.
• Identify and communicate impacts, for example equipment, material, resources to Cost Manager, Estimator, and Project Manager.
• Lead implementation of Earned Value processes when required or recommended for a specific capital project.
• Lead implementation of resource loaded schedule for the critical capital projects or when required by the project teams.
• Work together with cost management specialist to ensure that project schedule is well aligned with cost control and project cashflow numbers are based on forecasted schedule progress.
• Ensure Project Controls Reports are issued to the project team in accordance with documented Project Controls Plans (frequency, format, etc.).
• Provide updated final schedule to project team at project closure.
• Participate in developing the project risk register and risk management process for the projects.
Key Interactions With Other Roles:
• Cost Estimating – understand the basis and details of the estimate, using that as the initial baseline.
• Cost Management Specialist – regular updates and feedback on changes to the project schedule and constant interaction with project monthly cashflow progress
• Front End Loading Specialist – initial project scope of work.
• Risk and Opportunity Management focal point – Update any schedule floating based on schedule contingency recommended as part of the risk management process
• Manufacturing Representative – understand where project unknowns still exist and allowances to account for them.
• Construction Manager – understand the construction strategy and how that will impact construction costs.
• Project Engineer – understand the EPCM strategy and contractors; obtain day to day updates on changes or variances in scope, schedule or cost
• Project Manager – obtain day to day updates on changes or variances in scope, schedule or cost; align on the overall project execution strategy; align on the monthly reports
• Validation of project schedules utilizing commercial softwares like Deltek or a qualitative schedule validation based on personal experience
• EPCM Contractor(s) – validation of contractor schedules
• External Organizations and Associations – understand industry best practices and trends.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• Bachelors in Science in Engineering or other field
• 10+ years of capital project experience
• 5-10 years’ experience in scheduling on capital projects.
Skills Needed for Success
Proficiency in the following is required:
• Industry standard best practice project scheduling processes and their application
• Use of industry accepted applications for cost, along with the standard Microsoft applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Broad understanding of EPC disciplines and activities that are necessary to design, construct and start-up chemical processes.
• Ability to interface and communicate clearly with project teams.
• Proficiency in Primavera
• Earned Value Calculations
• Deltek Acumen Fuse/Risk/360
• Ability to handle online versions of project schedules
• Leadership skills with the ability to lead the scheduling discipline for the different capital projects that the person is working on.
• Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the different project team members and deliver critical contributions to the teams
• Understanding of standard Risk Management practices and their impact to their discipline
• Interactive planning sessions (IAP) knowledge
Soft Skills Required:
• Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum direct supervision.
• Time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial workload.
• Experience in working in a multi-function team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge and grow professionally.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
• Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives.
• Strong ability in listening and communication, including remote connections and conference or video calls.
• Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
• Focused on delivering effective and tangible results.
• Interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
• Focus on the customers and to support their needs and achieve their goals.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs