Aerotek $17/hr-general Production-Full Time! in Northville, Michigan
All general laborers will either become an assembler, or grinder when they arrive- based on need.
• Dresses grinding wheels, according to specifications.
• Inspects feels, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
• Sets up and operates grinding or polishing machines to grind metal work pieces such as dies, parts, and tools.
• Performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
• Selects and mounts grinding wheels on machines, according to specifications.
• Computes numbers, widths, and angles of cutting tools, micrometers, scales, and gauges, and adjusts tools to produce specified cuts.
• Perform in-process inspections using a variety of measuring equipment and obtain first piece.
• Identify and properly quarantine or scrap parts. Keep records of approved and defective units for final product.
• Interact and communicate in a positive, open manner with all co-workers and team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assemble the return circuits to the ball nut and load in the proper size balls.
• Determine proper ball size for the axial clearance required.
• Check axial clearance in the built assembly.
• Run backlash on the test stand
• Tests finished assemblies for smoothness of operation.
• Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
• Positions parts and sub assemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
• Verify specifications by measuring completed component.
1st Shift 6am-2:30pm (*Currently 5am-3pm)
2nd Shift 3pm-11pm (*Currently 3pm-1AM)
Monday-Friday, occasional Saturday and/or Sundays
General production, general labor, assembly
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
*Production background (3-5 years experience)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs