Daifuku Web Holding Company Field Superintendent in Novi, Michigan
Jervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifukuna.com), a group company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experiencedField Superintendent.
Position Summary/ Primary Purpose
Reports to the Project Manager and is responsible to facilitate the successful operation of the project at various customer sites. Manages the completion of projects by planning, organizing and controlling projects; completing quality & safety inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Assist the Project Manager in the planning, organizing and directing the project installation.
- Attend customer meetings and maintain good customer relations.
- Directing the day to day operations while ensuring project safety and quality assurance.
- Ensuring adherence to schedules as well as scheduling workers and work to be performed.
- Following up and reviewing all accomplished work by subcontractors.
- Supervise and assign work of Subcontractors and skilled trades’ staff.
- Process shop drawings and order materials, tools and supplies.
- Coordinate construction schedules based on the requirements of the clients and the delivery of long lead materials.
- Maintain safety standards to assure compliance with Jervis B. Webb Company, State and Federal codes and regulations.
- Enforcement of safety regulations such as toolbox-talks, safety inspections and site safety training.
- Review and approve supplier and contractor invoices for payments.
- Conduct job coordination meetings.
- Act as a point of contact for customers.
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from the customer, contractor, and staff.
- Perform administrative activities including the preparation of special and/or periodic reports.
- Draft request for quotation for material acquisition and vendor contract.
- Prepare estimates and manage project budget.
- Perform safety talks and maintain MSDS records.
- Assist and advise customers with design of project.
- Prepare progress reports, schedules, job cost analyses on projects and other reports as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Broad Knowledge as Follows
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of conveyor installation, or a related field.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, electrical, controls, materials, and equipment used in the conveyor installation.
- Considerable knowledge of State and Federal codes and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of OSHA Safety Standards.
Skills & Abilities as Follows
- Highly organized
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral).
- The ability to read blue prints, layout header steel, rail, screen guard, rail systems, automation equipment, ect.
- Experience in the operation of moderately heavy equipment (ie: man lift).
Must be able to schedule work flow and staff.
* *Education & Experience
- High School diploma, supplemented by journeyman’s training in the skill trades, or equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Ten years of field experience.
- Five years of experience supervising trade employees
- 30 hours of OSHA safety training, preferred.
- Experience with using computers as a tool of reporting.
- Experience in the administrative activities with sub-contractors.
- Experience as a journeyman tradesman in the performance of responsible conveyor activities is necessary.
Demonstrated Physical Abilities as Follows:
Capable of maneuvering through an industrial conveyor system requiring climbing access ladders, negotiating screen guards lifting and carrying objects up to 40 lbs.
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Communicate with others through talking/hearing; reading/identify/assess forms and correspondence.
- Must be able to travel between projects.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.
Jervis B. Webb offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this position, please call 248-553-1233 and leave a message and your call will be returned.