Michigan Manufacturing Jobs

Mobile michigan-jobbank Logo

Job Information

Aerotek Immediate Start 1st Shift Machine Operator $17 Per Hour in Novi, Michigan

They are a machine shop. They have 3 buildings that everyone works between. 80% of what they do is make automotive parts. GM being one of their largest clients. The other 20% is some military work and other miscellaneous stuff. They are a smaller company.


These individuals will be working between the bender and air press machine. When they are at the bender they will be putting metal tubes onto the machine, and then clicking the floor button with their foot. The machine does the bending of the tube for them. They will then take the bent tube off and place it in a box. They can be working with a variety of sized tubes. While they are on the air press machine they will be placing the bent tubes into the machine. The machine will then punch holes into the tube. They then take it out and place it into a box.


*Lifting the tubes (1 to 20 lbs)

*Placing the tubes into or onto the machine

*Hitting the button to bend the tube or punch holes into it

*Visually inspecting some of the parts to make sure they are made correctly

*Using an air gun to clean off the machine while working


Monday-Friday 7AM-3:30PM

Overtime is always optional. It fluctuates week to week if it is available. When they do have it they could either stay an hour or so after their shift, or come in for a couple of hours on Saturdays.


30 minute lunch, and two 10 minute breaks


In the first week they will be trained by their lead, by the second week they should be up and running on their own. They will continuously train them on other machines so that they are cross-trained.

About Aerotek:

We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.

The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.