U-Haul Tool Repair Technician in Novi, Michigan
25701 Seeley Rd, Novi, Michigan 48375 United States of America
Are you skilled with hand-tools and a good team player? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest Tool Repair Technician to work at our Assembly Plant!
U-Haul offers Tool Repair Technician:
· Career stability
· Opportunities for advancement
· Health insurance & Prescription plans if eligible
· Paid holidays, vacation, and sick days if eligible
· Life insurance
· MetLaw Legal program
· MetLife auto and home insurance
· Discounts on Apple products, Dell computers, cell phone plans, hotels, and more
· 401k and stock options
· 24-hour physician available for kids
· Dental & Vision Plans
· Subsidized gym/fitness membership if eligible
· Business and travel insurance
· YouMatter EAP
· LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
· Critical Illness/Group Accident Insurance
Tool Repair Technician Primary Responsibilities:
· The Tool Repair Technician will be responsible for maintaining and repairing light to medium duty power tools, hand tools and small engines as well as assisting with day-to-day warehousing duties as needed.
· Identify causes of malfunction, troubleshoot, dismantle tools, and examine parts for defects.
· Document inventory levels and cost in inventory control software
· Complete daily maintenance and cleaning of work areas
· Perform general warehousing tasks when necessary.
· Distribute materials throughout shop and yard.
· Clean, replace and/or repair parts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Tool Repair Technician Minimum Qualifications:
· 3-5 years of prior mechanical work experience specific with hand and/or power tools
· Should have basic computer proficiency.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Environment: The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions, e.g. working around moving parts, machines, fumes, or irritant chemicals. May be required to use protective clothing, or gear such as masks, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods both indoors and outdoors of remaining stationary, traversing spaces, repositioning to reach and use tools, and moving a minimum of 50 lbs assisted or unassisted.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable state law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products. By continuing with this application, you are indicating that, if hired, you consent to nicotine screening in the future. This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Since 1945, U-Haul has been serving do-it-yourself movers and their households. Like many other successful ventures, the concept for U-Haul was generated out of need. After World War II, there existed the widespread need for do-it-yourself moving equipment that would be available on a one-way, nationwide basis. U-Haul co-founders L.S. "Sam" Shoen and his wife, Anna Mary Carty Shoen, recognized that need and acted upon it. Their visionary approach spread the cost of ownership among many users, facilitating the mobility of the populations of the U.S. and Canada. The covered wagon of the pioneers morphed into orange U-Haul trailers. In the process, an industry was born.