AMETEK, Inc. Production Control Coordinator in Peck, Michigan
Production Control Coordinator
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Michigan - Peck
Division:PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required:High School Diploma
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Plans and implements work for assigned production unit(s), ensuring parts or materials and manpower are available for the shop to perform the work. Plans changes for assigned unit(s) and coordinates into production when appropriate. Provides other support to production and management as required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: include the following:
• Plans and schedules workflow for each department and operation according to previously established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
• Manages 3rd party manufacturer for planning and supply of product (as required).
• Communicates production schedules and plans within responsibility area on a periodic basis.
• Makes decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, capacity, and material availability.
• Understands and facilitates the use of KANBANs and other methods to ensure the highest quality and linearity are attainable to production.
• Ensures all Oracle ERP Demand History, Forecast, MPS, MDS and MRP data is updated.
• Makes necessary modifications to schedules as approved by department leader.
• Issues orders to the appropriate department when revisions are made to the schedule.
• Performs general administrative tasks.
• Respond to internal and external customers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Complete all on-the-job training and other required training as assigned.
• Communicate with others, supervisors and managers in a professional and respectful manner.
• Adheres to safety and company policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: include the following:
• Ability to negotiate.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time.
• Excellent interpersonal skills under stressful situations.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Prior knowledge assembly procedures, inventory procedures, and/or equipment preferred.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; strong attention to detail and quality.
• Ability to follow workplace safety standards and company policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at an acceptable level. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. If possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform certain functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum high school diploma/GED.
• One to three years administrative office experience including good computer skills (Word, Excel, and email) required.
• One-year manufacturing environment experience required.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task work assignments.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Oracle experience preferred.
• Previous expediting and/or export documentation experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity to work with small parts. Work is typically performed at a bench/desk (which may include sitting and/or standing) and may include walking or standing some of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible reasonable accommodations may be made which would enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include but are not limited to: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. When required, must be able to lift a minimum of 5 lbs and up to 50 lbs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.