Coherent Dev Tech II in Plymouth, Michigan
Dev Tech II
Position Type:Full Time - Regular
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Education Required:Associates Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Tech position in Coherent Plymouth. Execute the full build of industrial laser systems in a work cell manufacturing environment. The individuals in this role follow detailed engineering schematics and other technical instructions to complete a wide variety electro-mechanical assembly projects and work-cell tasks. Manufacturing tech frequently work independently to execute assigned workstation builds, but must also coordinate with other systems assembly team members, regularly communicate status and issues to other production teams, such as engineering and purchasing, and periodically interact directly with customers and suppliers.
Essential functions and responsibilities
• Works independently on very complex systems subassemblies that require the use of drawings, sketches and schematics.
• Build new and prototype assemblies using verbal instructions and preliminary drawings; expected to work on special projects/tasks and participate with problem solving team efforts when required.
• Perform test functions and make mechanical adjustments; demonstrates assembly/test operations and work-cell activities to others.
• Perform planning and control-type transactions with the central processing system. Uses central production and inventory control software as well as pc software.
• Maintains an organized work area and tool box and perform various work-cell tasks and other reasonable duties as assigned.
• May be assigned to work on special projects/tasks.
• Will be required to travel if needed.
Education and Work Experience:
• Basic PC skills including experience using Microsoft applications (word, excel, outlook) and previous exposure to manufacturing resource planning software
• Previous experience using hand tools and reading schematics/drawings
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Minimum of 2 years of pervious work experience in production environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.