Robert Half International Purchasing Coordinator in STERLING HEIGHTS, Michigan
Description Are you a looking for a career instead of just another job? Would you like to work at a dynamic, energetic, growing company in the Automotive Industry? If the answer is yes, HTI Cybernetics may be the place for you. Since 1983, HTI Cybernetics® has provided intelligent manufacturing solutions that support and enhance production, including automation systems, material handling solutions, assembly tooling, and collaborative robotics. These solutions are built on a solid foundation of proven expertise, advanced technology, and an unwavering commitment to our customers.
Our diligent research, innovative development, and technical expertise allow us to continually improve our solutions and support our customers throughout the entire project lifecycle. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starting experienced Purchasing Coordinator. This Purchasing Coordinator will be responsible for compiling information, and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of materials. The goal of the Purchasing Coordinator is to complete said assignments, and responsibilities in a timely fashion while maintaining the financial goals of HTI Cybernetics. If this Purchasing Coordinator job opportunity sounds like you please read on and apply.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES PURCHASING COORDINATOR:
• Must be familiar with Bill of Materials.
• Conduct job processing which includes data entry of BOM’s and coordination of manufacturing information.
• Pricing of commercial components.
• Follow-up and expediting of ordered commercial components.
• Copying/sorting of engineering drawings and project documentation.
• Prepare requests for quotation documents and spreadsheets.
• Prepare reports, memorandums, and meeting minutes.
• Entry level buying updates computer records/documents and notifies affected departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• An Associate degree is highly desired.
• Six months to one-year experience in an automotive environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to communicate, written and verbally, with people at all levels of the organization, as well as with external vendors and clients.
• Strong experience in working in Excel.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Proficient in all Microsoft Applications especially Excel
• Knowledge of MS Outlook Contact Management systems and MS Office, experience in data entry in an ERP system for Purchasing, Inventory, and Planning. Familiarity with AutoCAD Design software is a plus. Requirements Enter Purchase, Generate Purchase, Create Purchase, Prepare Purchase, Process Purchase, Purchase Agreements, Purchasing Department, Purchasing Functions, Purchasing Procurement, Repurchase Agreements, MS Excel, Microsoft Excel, Excel Formulas, Data Exchange
OfficeTeam, a Robert Half Company, matches professionals in the administrative field with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-full-time basis. Whether you're a seasoned administrative pro or starting your career, we have options for you.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs