Mahle Manager and Head of Quality Assurance in Troy, Michigan
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. With our product portfolio we address all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. Today, some 78.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 production locations and 16 major development centers.
Manager and Head of Quality Assurance
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- As a key member of the management team, participates in the overall leadership of the Business Unit and Group.
- Acts as the champion for compliance, continuous improvement and the voice of the customer. Targets specific customer awards and establishes action plans to acquire them.
- Establishes early warning system to ensure all customer score cards are at 100%. Regularly checks progress and scorecards, and assists with developing action plans, for KPIs not meeting 100% achievement.
- Conducts meetings with Quality Managers to establish, delineate and review organizational policies and procedures and to establish responsibilities for attaining objectives. Acts as an advisor regarding key training initiatives for all Quality personnel and monitors progress with Plant Managers.
- Mentors plant Quality Managers to investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding quality.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems. Defines and monitors APQP improvements within the Product Development process using lessons learned from current production, previous processes and warranty.
- Maneuvers customer systems such as scorecard monitoring, warranty, APQP easily and escalates any appropriate issues. Serves as the primary contact for communication with Europe, Asia and other MAHLE business units for quality issues concerning MAHLE Filter Systems North America (MFSN).
Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Engineering is strongly preferred); MBA desired.
- 10+ years of related regional experience in a Tier 1 setting supporting Asian OEMs is required; proven implementation of a preventative quality system is also necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility as a peer with Plants, Region, Global Functions, customers and suppliers.
- Action oriented – in a structured way that aligns with the business goals, customer needs and strategic roadmaps.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma tools is required.
- Excellent proven Problem Solving skills is a must.
- Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred.
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Ms. SANDRA SIEGENTHALER is available to answer any questions at email@example.com.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled