Cosma International Technician – Prototype Inspection in Troy, Michigan
Layout inspection of pre-production & development of automotive powertrain components. Provide layout and support to pre-production & development machine set-up and operation.
- Evaluate component prints and plan inspection procedure.
- Prepare documentation for recording inspection results.
- Program CMM (zeiss calypso preferred), roundness gage, surface analyzer, contour reader, and other inspection equipment.
- Assist product engineers with dimensioning of component part drawings (current ISO and ANSI standards).
- Provide “first piece” inspection data for prototype jobsetters in the Advanced Component manufacturing area.
- Perform proper inspections of prototype components and/or assemblies.
- Maintain and update inspection documentation.
- Perform pre-production part inspection for process evaluation.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna’s Charter and Constitution.
- Follow Magna’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
- Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self are performed in a safe manner.
Health & Safety responsibilities:
Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
Report unsafe conditions immediately.
Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
Follow safety rules.
Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Knowledge and Education
- Associates degree from two year college, three years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical training and certification in automotive field preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, strong computer and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of customers' trends, perceptions, needs and expectations.
- Negotiating and employee relationship development skills.
- Communicate clearly with customer focused vision.
- Assign the highest priority to internal and external customer satisfaction while meeting commitments to achieve business objectives.
- Experience with layout inspection of pre-production & development of automotive powertrain components preferred.
- Experience with providing layout and support to pre-production & development machine set-up and operation preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Automotive Industry experience required.
- Experience in powertrain systems preferred.
Office environment; 10% Travel required.
While working in this environment, the employee will be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
- Attention to Detail: Able to teach team efficient ways to verify accuracy and consistency; help others understand the reasons for certain procedures and the impact of certain mistakes; work with team to design processes that ensure records are kept up to date; hold people accountable for rigorously testing services/applications.
- Continuous Quality & Performance Improvement: Able to establish personal standards of quality for own work; independently improve the quality of own work processes products, and/or services; identify and apply “best practices” in own work; improve the efficiency of own work by eliminating barriers and streamlining work processes; measure and track own performance.
- Flexibility & Achieving Change: Able to positively deal with changes that affect job requirements; adapt to shifting priorities in response to the needs of internal and external customers; quickly recognize situations/conditions where change is needed; work to clarify situations where information, instructions, or objectives are ambiguous; support organizational change.
- Influencing & Communication Skills: Keen listening, open-mindedness, and strong interpersonal skills so that necessary alliances with internal & external groups can be forged and developed quickly. Comfortable communicating both formally and informally with senior executives and communicate openly and equitably with peers & subordinates throughout MPT & customer organizations.
- Organization & Time Management: Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and associated tasks successfully.
Group: Magna Powertrain
Division: Magna Powertrain Troy - Driveline Systems
Job Type: Regular