G-TECH Services, Inc. Unit Leader - LV567 in Warren, Michigan
The Unit Leader will be responsible for managing work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment. The Unit Leader is responsible for ensuring safety, quality, cost, and delivery during the shift. The selected candidate will be required to build functional teams, train and allocate manpower according to need, ensure team morale and drive continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality and reach throughput and cost targets. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Support and contribute to World Class Manufacturing (WCM) programs and tools.
· Coordinate the Zone during the shift in ordinary and continuous improvement activities, meet with Supervisors /Team Leaders to guide World Class Manufacturing (WCM) activities and share priorities.
· Drive continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery, cost savings, and employee morale during the shift.
· Lead a cross-functional team in daily activities, quality and throughput improvements, problem solving, and root cause analysis.
· Ensure safety regulation compliance and provide a safe working environment for employees.
· Ensure production targets are achieved, take part in Zone’s budget definition and approve subsequent forecast/operative plan estimates.
· Conduct routine audits and verifications to confirm completion of written/documented processes, procedures, and activities.
· Ensure quality and operation systems are implemented and functioning per standards, re-establish ideal conditions in the case of system failure or non-conformance and plan for scheduled / unscheduled maintenance while maintaining quality and throughput levels.
· Meet with Area Managers, Supervisors, and Team Leaders regularly to provide and obtain performance feedback.
· Work with Area Managers, Supervisors and Team Leaders to develop plans for absenteeism management within the budget targets.
· Supports all aspects of production processes including safety, quality, delivery, cost and morale and drive successful implementation of WCM processes and standards.
· Facilitate communication between departments, lines, and internal suppliers.
· Teach, cultivate, and promote teamwork and problem solving in a positive, proactive work environment.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Ability to work any shift and overtime as required.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required.
· Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers.
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to coach / mentor / develop team members.
· Goal oriented self-starter with ability to lead team.
· Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing.
· Must have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Previous experience working in a union environment
Category Program Management
Req ID JN -102020-114845