ITW Maintenance Technician in Zeeland, Michigan
1.0 *Position Objective:*
To ensure that the ITW Drawform facilities, grounds and related equipment are in good working order. To build, assemble or modify structures and items necessary for plant and employee operations.
2.0 *Essential Functions*:
· Repair each department’s equipment as requested by work order and/or Supervisor’s direction.
· Operate and maintain floor scrubber as needed.
· Perform installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical and carpentry aspects of the building.
· Assemble workspaces, furniture and equipment.
· Remodel and build permanent, portable or temporary workspaces, structures and containments.
· Accommodate requests for specialized departmental needs (i.e. moving equipment around, making rough and finish-level carpentry products, assisting with physical set-up for events and functions, etc.).
· Maintain applicable knowledge of all essential facility functions (i.e. fire protection, inspections, security, waste treatment, Storm water certificate, utilities, hardware, compressors, etc.).
· Maintain PM program
· Perform basic maintenance and repairs to company vehicles and lift trucks.
· Assist with grounds requirements (i.e. lawn, retention pond, snow removal, signs, roadway/parking lot needs, etc.) as directed by supervisor.
· Assist in acquiring and maintaining essential and consumable maintenance supplies and inventories.
· Paint building surfaces and equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
· Dis-assemble and re-assemble equipment to be painted, as necessary for paint coverage.
· Assist in transporting items to be painted in the paint shop.
· Repair, or report, any malfunctioning equipment as discovered as a result of the painting process.
· Store flammable and combustibles, and low flash point materials in approved containment devices and environments.
· Protect thru masking, covering, and cleaning up areas, equipment and products that are close to items being painted.
· Maintain responsibility for the paint-shop area usability.
· Maintain essential and consumable painting supplies.
· Perform minor electrical tasks, such as checking and replacing fuses or cord connectors.
· Perform on-going preventive maintenance duties, as assigned.
· Assist other maintenance personnel with their duties as directed.
· Operate all equipment safely.
· Maintain good employee relations.
· Adhere to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
· Perform other duties as directed or assigned.
3.0 *Qualifications and Requirements:*
· Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
· High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
· Ability to work without immediate supervision.
· Basic mechanical aptitude.
· Ability to work at heights safely, using approved methods.
· Must be able to successfully complete a respirator fit test.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.